Monday, May 25, 2009

Earn - Tiny Tip #6 - Be Efficient

Be efficient

Use your time efficiently. Focus your efforts on one or two proven sites. Look at other people's blogs and check to see which sites have actually paid the person money. Then spend your time trying to earn on the site(s) you chose. Participating on multiple sites will dilute your time and make it take longer to get to your minimum payout amount. Even if you have unlimited time to do this, work one or two sites. Once you start to get the hang of the process, THEN branch out to other sites that you learn about.

In tip #5, I listed the sites from which I had received actual cash payments. Below is info on a couple of sites, with referral links, where I have earned credits, but have not yet been paid.

CashCrate I have $4.30 worth of credit with them. They have some free offers, some trial offers, and daily surveys. I've heard good things about this site and will make it one of my go-to sites once I have time to work on offers/surveys again. $20.00 minimum payout.

Opinion Outpost I have $7.50 worth of credit with them which is enough to get paid, but I want it to get higher before I request payment. This is a survey site - they'll send you an email notification to take a survey or you can visit the site to see if you are eligible to take any. If you get an invitation to take a survey, take it fast. Most of the surveys close in a day or less. $5.00 minimum payout.

SquishyCash I have $5.62 & 4 chips of credit with them. Personally, I am not a huge fan of SquishyCash BUT they have a variety of ways to earn: paid to click, daily surveys, free offers, trial offers, and now it looks like they have Squishy Slots, whatever that is. Karen @ frugalrimama.com has made over $400 from this site, so it is probably worth checking out.

Learn from my mistakes!! When I started this adventure in Feb 2009, I signed up for every site I saw. As a result, I have accounts all over the place with various credit and VERY LITTLE ACTUAL EARNINGS IN MY POCKET. Plus, I wan't smart about where I signed up. I did NO research. I signed up for a site that required earnings of $100 before payment would be made. I also signed up for a site that charges a $5 fee to send the payments. (I don't recall which site that was or else I would warn you about it.)

Those are both big no no's. A high minimum payout amount means that site doesn't plan to EVER pay out. And there are plenty of sites out there that don't charge to send the payment, so pick one of those and don't pay them a fee to pay you! I have noticed YouData is charging me a penny or two to transmit their payments, so I am keeping my eye on that to see if itgets out of hnd.

Post #6 in a series of 6 of tips for beginners to earning money online.

No comments:

Post a Comment