Thursday, May 28, 2009

Save - Stop & Shop 5/26

Once again, many thanks to FrugalRIMama for showing me "the way of the coupon". Could not do this without her!

I went to the Stop & Shop in Stonington, CT last night for the first time. It's a new store, so it's nice and clean. I got there around 8:45 and it was practically deserted which was great! But enough chitchat! What did I save, you ask? Well, let me tell you! I saved:
$52.03 with 36 manufacturer's coupons - Thanks Karen!
1.05 with MC that S&S doubled
62.07 on sale items
$115.15 Total savings!!!!

I spent $75.27. Not as good as the haul from Shaw's but S&S didn't have as much that I wanted on sale.

What I got: (see FrugalRIMama's blog for links to the printable coupon sites)
(3) Kraft 8 oz dressing @ 3/5.00 - used 3 MC $1.50/1 (even though the coupon says 16 oz or larger, it worked on the 8 oz)
(4) Kraft shredded cheese @ 2/5.00 - Used 2 internet printable coupons $1/2
(3) S&S butter @ 1.49 each
(2) Friendly's ice cream @ 1.99 each
(4) Marie Callendar Steam entree things @ 4/10.00 - used 2 - $1/1 & 2 - .75/1 MC from inserts
(14) canisters Crystal Light @ 2/4.00 - used IP coupons $1/1 & $2/2 to make them all cost $1 each
(2) Crystal Light Skin Essentials 0.00- Used 2 IP coupons - Buy Crystal Light - Get Skin Essentials Free
Got a coupon at the register to get $2.00 off a shopping order WYB 4 Crystal Light. Yea, cuz I NEED more Crystal Light? Sheesh.
(6) Glade sprays @ 10/10.00 - Used 3 BOGO MC from inserts
(4) Kraft BBQ sauce @1.00 - Used 4 IP $1/1 (S&S has this price locked in until 8/06/09, so print the coupons and use them up to get FREE BBQ sauce!)
(4) Renuzit Crystal Deoderizers @4.99 each - Used 2 BOGO MC from inserts
(3) Yakisoba ramen dishes @ 1.00 each- Used 3 - .35 MC from inserts. S&S doubled them so these cost .30 each. These will make a quick lunch for me with a salad. Even if they don't taste that great, I'm trying to eat lunch for as little as possible, so this fits right in. Price is set until 8/6/09.
(2) BallPark Franks @ 3.99 each - On sale BOGO and used $1/2 MC from insert. These are $1 cheaper than at Shaw's, so make sure you get them at S&S.
(2) Hillshire Farms ropes @ 4.39 each - On sale BOGO and used $1/2 from insert.

The cashier must have been new because for the Crystal Light and Renuzit free coupons, she was just entering in amounts willy nilly. At least she was nice and didn't make a big fuss about all the coupons. She didn't get flustered as the line started to form behind me either. I am definitely going to have to get one of those "Pick another check out lane" shirts from Krazy Coupon Lady. Or maybe I'll just make up a warning sign to stick at the end of my items on the belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment