Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Give back - Kiva.org

Kiva.org is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that facilitates loans from individuals to entrepreneurs or a group of entrepreneurs in developing countries. If you are interested, check out the website or email me with questions, I'm not going to list all the details here.

I joined Kiva in February 2009 and made a loan to a group in Uganda. This past weekend, I got an email notification and saw that the original loan was almost repaid. I could have withdrawn the money but I reloaned it to a group in Bolivia.

The amazing thing about this program is that you can loan as little as $25 to help someone start or expand a business. And its a great feeling to know that you are helping someone. Of course it is a loan, so there is the risk that your money will not be paid back, but I'm willing to assume the risk.
You can check out the site by clickin any of the enbedded links and you can see my lender page by clicking here: http://www.kiva.org/lender/carrie5095.

No comments:

Post a Comment